Sunday, May 18, 2008

DD-7

Yesterday, I met Claire at Tampines Mrt. I asked her if she could buy me a set of acoustic strings and a capo earlier in the afternoon and surprisingly, she agreed. Today, I spent recording a guitar backing track to Frente's version of "Bizarre Love Triangle" which according to Claire, was for her vocal exam. I did three versions, one at 112bpm, another at 116bpm and finally one at 120bpm. It took me about 6 hours to do it. Ok no. It only took a measly 45 minutes. In between recording the different versions, I got engrossed with learning Kaki King's "Goby" and "Night after Sidewalk". Alternate tunings and slap harmonics have a quirky way of pushing my buttons I guess.

I had second, third and fourth thoughts about getting a DD-7. A part of me wanted to use the money to get new ss shoes, new clothes, new pickups for my tele, new haircut. But then the other part suddenly screamed, "Fuck it's got a 40 second looper!!". Hell, that was enough reason to get it. I came home from Ebenex a very happy man. Nevermind that I'll spend the next week starving in school because I blew my allowance on it. Nevermind that I'll have to skip gym because what's the use of pumping iron when you can't eat anything afterwards! Even though I've only had it for only 27 hours now, it probably has been stepped on the most number of times compared to the other pedals i have. I've got no regrets blowing $250 on it.

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]