Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Post-Exam Plans

27th February may be 9 days away, but that does not mean that I have not planned my post-exam activities. I've decided to forgo my job search and drown myself in running, cycling and gymming instead. It's going to be the perfect time to build up my running and cycling base, not to mention my 19-inch biceps program. Here's how it's going to be done:

Running
4 sessions per week. 3 session @ 6km-8km, easy pace. 1 session @ 10-12km, super easy pace. Increment of 0.5km per session for every week thereafter. On even weeks, substitute one session for a tempo/interval.

Cycling
2-3 sessions per week. 1-2 sessions @ 30-35km. 1 session @ 50-60km. All at mid to mid-high intensity. Reason being that cycling does not work the heart as much as running, hence the higher intensity to achieve the same BPM as running.

Gym
2 sessions per week. 50 minutes of upper body and 15 minutes of core. I think I've been going easy on myself in my gym workouts so far. It doesn't help that my regular poly gym buddy Wen Bao prefers to slack now that the NAPFA tests are over and done with. It doesn't matter. Still, I've yet to decide whether to go to SP's gym or the one in Bedok. Esther told me that SSC's off-peak gym membership is $50 for 6 months. I'm doubtful of the concreteness of that, but a 1 month train pass would cost me $45.
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]