Sunday, March 22, 2009

Chicks and Bikes

Question: What's more sexier than a girl riding a bike?
Answer: A pixie-haired girl wearing form-fitting jersey and shorts, riding her road bike.

There's no competition. Put pixie-haired bicycle racer girl in a roomful of former beauty pageant winners and she would still be the only person that I would see in the room. I would leisurely approach pixie-haired bicycle racer girl, and as I got nearer, I would notice that she was staring at my calves. She would look up and her eyes would meet mine, her head would cock slightly to the right and she would said, "Wow, those are the most defined calves I have ever seen on a man. You don't happen to be a cyclist, do you?"

"Well if you would stop looking at them, then maybe I'll answer your question." I replied. She would fluster, and in the midst of trying to regain her sense of modesty, she would thrust out her hand for me to shake. "I'm Miss Pixie-haired bicycle racer girl". Then I saw it on her, the sure-fire sign of a cyclist. It was on her wrist, it was a bicycle chain bracelet. Taking her hand, I would then ask her, "Shimano versus Campagnolo. Your thoughts?"

Her previously bedazzled face would morph into one that showed quiet surprise. After all, it's not everyday that some stranger asks for your opinion in one of road cycling's oldest question. Her brain would go into overdrive, the expectation to come out with something witty would be immense. Her mind would race through previous conversations with mechanics, cycling forumites and her fellow traning buddies, highlighting anything that has significance to the question that the inquisitive stranger holding her hand right now, had asked her.

Then it would hit her. She didn't have to look far for the answer. She would only have to mentally recall her road bike. She gazed back at this unnamed acquaintance in front of her, and with the same cocking of her head, she would answer, "Neither. I chose Sram." The edges of her mouth would curve upwards ever so slightly and her body would sway closer to mine. Her eyes would be fixed in a subtle stare against mine. I would noticed she wasn't looking at my calves any longer. She would then ask me, "You havn't answered my question yet. Are you a cyclist?". She would give me a playful smirk after that. Needless to say, that night would a night of many firsts.

Unfortunately, Miss Pixie-haired bicycle racer girl is not real and never will be. However, the girls and women below are. :)

Labels: , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]