Thursday, July 30, 2009

No Subject

Mrs. Maple: Benjamin, we're meant to lose the people we love. How else would we know how important they are to us?

If you've seen "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button", then you would probably be familiar with the dialouge above. The term 'lose', is a subjective one. It could mean something terminal, such as death or a break-up, or it could mean something supposedly temporary, like a brief time-out or a 2 week stay in Tekong. Yes, I'm talking about the two week confinement for new recruits serving NS.

It's the dread of every attached girl in Singapore. The thought of 14 days without seeing their beloved cupcake/puppy/pumpkin/boi/darling just seems to get them all teary-eyed and insanely emotional. I see Facebook status loudly proclaiming, "9 more days until my puppy comes back ): " and Twitter updates bordering along that same-old lovesick message. I stumble upon blogposts dedicated to their beloved man, seemingly apologetic of her past wrongdoings towards said guy. It's becoming exceedingly annoying.

Ok. Who am I kidding? I envy those guys. Being loved and adored that way. I kinda forgot how that felt like.
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]